Disease Control Programme
The Emporio Legacies Foundation’s Disease Control Programme is a development initiative that was formed to support local, national and regional efforts to reduce new HIV, Malaria, TB, Cancer, Arthritis and other disease / infections spread, address the social and structural drivers of the target diseases, remove the barriers to the realisation of sexual & reproductive health as well as other health rights and build resilient communities.
Our Organization has strategically positioned itself to work in partnership
with Traditional leadership, CBOs, NGOs and other like- minded Organizations because of their access and close proximity to vulnerable communities and target populations.
Through its practice of direct involvement, partnering with, and capacitating local organizations, Emporio Legacies’ strategies are breeding success in extending the reach of good quality programmes and interventions into
hard-to-reach, marginalised, and remote communities.
Under this programme, we focus on Combination Prevention and Treatment, Counselling, Testing & care, Child Protection and Wellbeing, Food Security and Income Generation. Our Services also include identifying people living with HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, Cancer and like sicknesses outside of healthcare facilities, support adherence to treatment, linkage & referrals to care & Health facilities, awareness campaigns, seminars & workshops, counselling, testing & care, research activities and focuses on improving data quality and flow amongst implementing partners and key stakeholders.
We also provide aantimalarial intermittent preventive treatment, Child support, nutritional support and training services to community members and other role players. Emporio Legacies recognises that the scourge of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, Cancer and other diseases is rooted in social and relational phenomena conditioned by environmental, cultural, political and socio-economic drivers.
Given the complex reality that HIV, malaria, TB, Cancer and other ailments affect communities and subgroups differently, the Emporio Legacies’ Disease Control Programme uses strategies that address the social and structural drivers of these diseases and integrates interventions into a broader Health system as well as sexual & reproductive health framework. The Programme focuses on geographies and populations with elevated risk, thereby effectively and efficiently maximizing prevention and control impact.
- Reduce new and further spread of HIV, Malaria, TB, Cancer & other infections through the delivery of customised interventions targeting priority populations/ geographical areas
- Address priority social and structural determinants of the target diseases
- Strengthen community systems for improved health and development outcomes in marginalised communities
- Ensure universal access of services to all through the protection of human rights and access to justice within communities and healthcare settings
- Advance Emporio Legacies Foundation’s organisational effectiveness
To achieve this, our Organization works towards strengthening:
- Demand-side interventions that improve risk perception and awareness and acceptability of prevention approaches (more individuals test and know their status, specifically hard-to-reach and underserved individuals and populations)
- Supply-side interventions that make prevention products and procedures more accessible and available
- Adherence interventions that support ongoing adoption of prevention behaviours, including those that do and do not involve prevention product
With your support, we will be empowered to continue delivering life- saving interventions to many more lives in need